Friday, January 04, 2008

2008 Begins!

2008 has begun, and I wonder what will come this year. Will there come peace and harmony among all? Will killings and wars end? Is there really a God in heaven and Devil in Hell or are we looking up to a higher power for nothing?

There is something that makes the universe go on an on and I don't think that mankind are the only ones who make things happen. Something somewhere is in total control of everything, why are there wars, killing, hatred? Where is peace and harmony?

We don't live in a perfect world and oh imagine if we did! Would it be fun or sorrowful? How would we go about our daily lives not hearing of bad things happening and that people never died.

Over crowding, but never any sickness or pain, our loved ones stayed walking upon this earth as we do now and not as spirits among us, and there was never any cause for arguments or fights. Could this actually happen? It seems to impossible to me and probably is, but some how I feel as if this higher one whom ever it may be has the power to change any and all things, so why doesn't it change then if there is so much power?

I'm sitting here so tranquil on my sofa sipping a cup of hot chocolate with my comfy Ohio State blanket wrapped around me, my laptop on my lap, and while I am gazing out the the big picture window at the snow I feel the calmness of the snowy night coming over me. Its so cold outside but yet it looks so peaceful, so quite, I wish the whole world could all be quiet and feel so peaceful like that, if only just for a short moment, maybe then would things improve in our daily lives and how we face each and every day.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinking that a really bad year prepares you for a really good year, so 2008 is going to be great!

I also think that the perfect world is waiting for us after we journey through this world. I believe that hardships prepare us for great things and opportunities that will come our way, and that happiness and joy is ours for the taking everyday.

Life is a choice. Kind of like is the glass half empty or half full. What changed my life and my attitude profoundy is one simple line... No one can make you miserable unless you allow them to. It's hard to live by that all the time, buy if you choose half full and choose to be happy; not reacting to all the people who want you to be as unhappy as them -life can be good.

Anyway, off my soap box! Here's a New Years toast to 2008 with a glass that's half full!

And by the way, since you have an Ohio State blanket, I'm thinking in 2008 - the third time is a charm :) GO BUCKS!!!

11:47 AM, January 14, 2008  
Blogger Cat's Confessions said...

Hi Amy, thanks for your words of wisdom, your awesome! Feel free to post comments on my blog anytime, you are always welcome.

~Luv Cat

8:14 PM, January 14, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home