Saturday, February 09, 2008

I Am An Introvert

I had always considered myself antisocial and come to find out I am not antisocial at all but meerly an Introvert! Yes, I have been called eccentric, antisocial, people hater, the list goes on and on. Just becuse I don't like being in large crowds of people or be engaged in every social event doesnt mean I am weird or strange.

An introverted person loves being alone most of the time and doesn't feel lonely. I do not feel lonely when I am alone for long periods of time and it doesn't bother me not to have someone around me constantly. I feel so drained when I am at a party,like the superbowl party I was at recently,I was dying to leave even though I did have fun,it lasted a little too long for me. I cannot be around so much noise and people for long periods, I get the feel of needing and longing to be alone so I can recharge my energies.

I thought that I was crazy for being this way my whole life and blamed it on many things that had happened thoughout my life. It feels good to know I have a name for what it is that I am and happy to know im not nuts for wanting to be alone all the time. My friends tell me to be more social and go out and do this and do that, when I try to do what they suggest I get very emotionaly upset and return back to my life of solitude where I feel relaxed and comfortable.

About 25% of the population are introverts, some famous intoverts are Emily Dickinson, Issac Newton, Peter The Great, Eisenhower, Steven Hawkings, Einstein, Marie Curie, Carl Jung, Queen Elizabeth II, Mozart, Thomas Edison. It's good to know im not the only one with this kind of life. The definition of introverted is: bashful, cautious, close-mouthed, cold, collected, cool, demure, introspective, modest, offish, quiet, reclusive, restrained, secretive, shy, soft-spoken, solitary, standoffish, uncommunicative, withdrawn.

Introverts in general are intelligent at problem solving and have great concentration. Frequently gifted in math, science, music, art and love working alone, this explains alot about me. I have been researching many different sites on the web about introverted individuals and read up on lots of information so I can better understand what it is that I am, lol.

Introverts keep a straight face and don't show emotions, that's me alright, couldnt be more true.
Introvert Characteristics:
Energized by time alone
Private
Keeps to self
Quiet
Deliberate
Internally aware
Fewer friends
Prefer smaller groups
Independent
Not socially inclined
Enjoys solitude
Thinks before speaking

The list above came from this site

~Cat

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am an introvert as well. People should learn that word, it sounds better than weird.

~J

7:52 AM, February 09, 2008  
Blogger Cat's Confessions said...

It's good to know we have something else in common besides our allergies, lol.
~Luv Cat

2:28 AM, February 11, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home