Thursday, March 13, 2008

Searching For My Inner Strength

Inner strength is hard to maintain at times, especially when we are being attacked at all angles. I used to think it was easy to hide behind a fake smile, but then a complete stranger recently came up to me and said "your eyes are the window to your soul and that smile on your face is somewhere else." This stranger was right you know, for the past week or so I have been dealing with an emotional battle which I find very hard to overcome.

Not only to have my heart broken is enough, but to be challenged to prove something that is personal which I have every right not to prove at all. People believe what they want and for me to have to prove it just for their satisfaction is not something I am willing to do. I am who I am and what I am, if people choose to believe something totally off the beaten path, then that's their problem not mine.

Guessing and gossiping together to try and figure out something that isn't is just another reason why there are so many non believers of anything in this world. When does faith come? Not many have it these days, if you cant except what is told to you then you need to just forget it because no amount of explaining will change what you believe.

All I need right now is my inner strength and a regathering of my heart, emotions and feelings. Not as easy at it seems but a heart can be mended and emotions and feelings will once again become strong. What I am searching for is already inside of me, all I need to do is recover it.

I know that some of you have been through a time when you seemed like you needed to prove yourself to be right, my advice to you is "don't". You don't have to prove anything to anyone if you don't want to. Let those unbelievers go about guessing and gossiping all they want, what you know inside you to be true is all that matters. No one can bring you happiness, this you create on your own, this I know to be true through my experience.

I took this photo last year, this is the strength I need right now to battle my inner feelings.

~Cat

2 Comments:

Blogger Fifi said...

Amazing post! I so needed to read something like this lol. We have to go out and look for our own happiness and not care what others think

3:23 AM, March 20, 2008  
Blogger Cat's Confessions said...

Hi, thanks for commenting. I totally agree with you!

~Cat

1:56 PM, March 20, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home