Friday, March 21, 2008

Traditional Easter Dinner

Holding true to traditions is something I have learned from my parents and will continue to do so as long as I live. I am not too fascinated with cooking and even though I consider myself to be pretty good, I hate doing it. I was debating on who to spend Easter with, either my cousins or friends, my friends seem to be more closer to me than my cousins, so I decided to spend it with my friends.

With my friends I feel more comfortable and free, with the cousins its like tense, uneasy feelings. I don't' like the feeling that I am being judged and put on the spot, being questioned about how I run my life and why is this and why is that. Holidays should be enjoyed not dreaded, of course because I am Introverted, I don't stay long at any given function.

Getting back to the purpose of this post, I have been appointed semi cook by my friends to make Easter dinner, ugh! I decided to cook the meal here at my home and then transport it to their house, this way I can cook in peace without them asking what I am doing and how I'm doing it. My friends mean well as they said they will help, but I don't need it, they get in the way of things, lol.

I know there is going to be tons of food Easter Sunday, they appoint me to cook but they will also be making rice and other Latin foods like always. My friends consist of Puerto Rican, Mexican and a few gorgeous Cuban guys I recently met at one of my friends house, mmmmm! I know I'm going to be nervous that day because those Cuban guys are going to be there, men make me nervous (the single ones that is, lol).

The dinner I am going to prepare will consist of the following: (If you would like to have the recipes for any of these delicious foods on my menu, just ask me and I will give it to you, these are my own variations, so they may differ from other recipes you may have seen.)
Glazed Ham
Mashed Potatoes
Honeyed Carrots
Baby Asparagus
Buttermilk Biscuits

And that's it! My friends will also be preparing other foods, its well that they do because from past experiences there will be a lot of people at their house this coming Easter Sunday. To be honest I was thinking of calling a caterer to make this dinner, but I think that would spoil the whole tradition idea, lol.

~Cat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home