Saturday, May 03, 2008

Why Do I Feel So Depressed?

I have been feeling really depressed lately. My friends of mine ask what do I have to be depressed about and I cant seem to find an answer for them. I need a new brain I think.

Sometimes I sit and cry for nothing, drowning my thoughts in alcohol helps at times. My meds help at other times. I don't feel lonely and living alone doesn't bother me, so why this depression all the time?

Been to therapists but I remain the same. I don't feel suicidal and feel I have a lot more to gain in life, so whats wrong with me? I don't think I will ever get over my parents passing, I just push those thoughts away when they creep up.

I have a love/hate relationship with my sister, I don't think much at all about her. In my opinion I have everything I need so why do I cry a lot and feel down? Therapist couldn't even give me an answer for that one.

Maybe if I would be a little bit more honest with him maybe he could find a solution for me. Nah, I doubt it. I think that Therapists are in it just for the money, who knows.

Some people suggest that I go to church, no way I don't want to end up in one of those Polygamist groups, with my luck that's what would happen. I guess I will have to deal with my own recovery or will I? So many questions and no answers.

Guess I will pour myself another brandy on the rocks. Yeah when all this kicks in I will feel much better I am sure.

~Cat

2 Comments:

Blogger David Weldy said...

I don't pretend to be a therapist. But, I've been in your situation before. At least, in my case, I had a reason. I was recovering from a nasty divorce. I was suicidal for a while. But, then I decided she wasn't worth me throwing my life away. I felt so dumb to even think that way. Depression is something that can be helped with drug treatment (please consider seeing your primary care physician) and, believe it or not, group counseling. Every case is different. There are some underlying issues you have that are bothering you. They need to be brought out and into the open.

I wish you the best. Oh, and the brandy is only a very temporary solution. Trust me on that one.

10:17 AM, May 10, 2008  
Blogger Cat's Confessions said...

Hi David, thanks for commenting. I have been to different therapists and I also take meds for my depression but nothing seems to help me. I was suicidal when my father past on and then again when my mother past away. I went through a horrible ordeal when I was a teen, I was almost raped and beat up really bad, had to be in the hospital a while. I dont think I can get over my past and that is what seems to trigger my dression most of the time. I would love to be happy but right now I dont see it happening any time soon. Thanks for your kind and comforting advice.

~Cat

2:02 AM, May 11, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home